Available as a podcast: download here!
Can you use your pelvic floor to draw up energy and recharge yourself? Can you have sustained orgasms? Men, can you use your muscles to help you last longer? If not, can I suggest you strengthen your pelvic floor muscles?!…
What are The Pelvic Floor Muscles?
The pelvic floor is a band of muscle that goes from the pubic bone at the front to the tailbone at the back and to the bones of the upper thighs on either side. It’s a girdle of muscle that holds all the pelvic organs in place, with just a few holes for the various tubes to come through.
Benefits of Toned Muscles
Like any muscle, if it’s toned it’s stronger and more effective than if it’s untoned.
Since having toned pelvic floor muscles means:
- heightened awareness of and connection to your pelvic region and genitals
- better sexual response in terms of awareness of sensations
- more pleasure for your partner (she can massage him, he can last longer)
- better orgasms with greater sensation and longer length
- continued good sex as you get older
- her vagina won’t fall out when you’re old (yes, vaginal prolapse can happen!)
– there’s a lot to be said for toning those muscles!
How to Tone The Muscles
Locate the muscles by squeezing as though you are trying to stop urine flowing. Aim to isolate just that muscle area, so that your abdomen and buttocks stay relaxed. Keep your breathing calm and flowing.
- 1) Squeeze and relax rhythmically: in for half a second, relax for half a second. Do this for as long as you can, at least half a minute, but you can do it for ever if you like!
- 2) Squeeze, hold and relax: Squeeze the muscles, then hold them for as long as you can. A few seconds initially, then increasing up to a 20 seconds or more. Make sure your abdomen and buttock muscles are relaxed as you do this. Keep breathing evenly.
3) Squeeze in stages: Squeeze your muscles, then squeeze a little tighter, then a little more, and a little more…then just touch a more…And release!
It’s important that you don’t only focus on the squeezing in. You also need to relax out. So finish with some gentle squeezes in and pushes out, just like a wave lapping on the shore, do about 20 or so.
So practice those exercises every day whenever you think of it. Then when you’ve got the hang of it, read my next post for more advanced training and the awesome things you can do when you’ve got those muscles good and toned!